Saturate Your Life in the Word of God



Words have power.  They can destroy or build up.  They can stir hope or breed despair.  Some time ago, a ministry colleague said something to me that shook my confidence and dogged me for years.  On the other hand, the words of assurance that my mother planted in my soul as a child have served to reinforce my calling throughout my adult life.  Promises made by people of integrity have always steeled courage and planted hope in people who were facing troubling circumstances.. 

Jesus told his disciples to remain in his word.  Two thousand years later, Christ’s admonition still rings true.  If we want to bear fruit – make a positive impact in our world and in the lives of other people – we have to “abide” or remain in Christ.  If we saturate our minds with his word, we will, indeed, abide in him and make an eternal impact in the lives of other people.  Following the link below, I unpack the power of Jesus’ word and consider practical ways in which we can soak our lives in it.  Words have the power to change a life.  All the more so when it is the Word of God.   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Find Jokes About Worship Music Very Funny

Should the Church Accommodate Its Worship to the Culture?

Embracing Conflict in the Church