Connected to Jesus


Sunday, September 16th, marked the beginning of our sermon series on abiding in Christ.  I am both excited and humbled to begin this journey with you.  I’ve not preached through this topic before though I believe it will be one of the most important and transforming series of messages that I’ve prepared and delivered.  Please keep me in your prayers.  Before I can preach it, I have to live it…and I am such an imperfect Christian.  I think more than anything, I am looking forward to my own personal transformation as I dig in, study, and reflect on what it means to be in Christ and abide in him. 

Through the study, our primary text will be John 15:1-8, but we will also consult the writings of the Apostles Paul and Peter who address the same topic.  Paul frequently reminds believers that we are “in Christ.”  Peter has the boldness to write that we are “partakers of the divine nature” (II Peter 1:4). 

Along with Scripture, I am also reading two classic books on abiding in Christ:  The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence and Andrew Murray’s Abiding in Christ.  Both of these small spiritual gems are relatively inexpensive and I recommend them to you for further reading and reflection.  Let us, then, remain in Christ so that we may live truly fruitful lives.


http://www.fbcgalesburg.org/messages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Find Jokes About Worship Music Very Funny

Should the Church Accommodate Its Worship to the Culture?

Embracing Conflict in the Church