To Be Fully Known



One of the most urgent cries of the human spirit is to be fully known and understood.  The love-sick pursuit of a young person for a life-partner is driven, at its core, by the drive to know and to be known.  That is the cry that only true self-giving love can answer. 

The trouble, however, is that no one can know and love you perfectly.  The man and woman who have forged a beautiful and committed marriage for over fifty years still experience misunderstandings.  The yearning to be known and understood can only be met by the One who made us. 

The psalmist sang,

          O Lord, you have searched me and you know me…
          Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

God knows.  He knows everything about you and yet he loves you completely and without reservation.  Like the psalmist, I know enough of myself to understand that such a thought is too wonderful, too lofty for me to grasp.  I’m eternally grateful and my search to be fully known is fully satisfied in Christ.  

http://www.fbcgalesburg.org/messages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Find Jokes About Worship Music Very Funny

Should the Church Accommodate Its Worship to the Culture?

Embracing Conflict in the Church